Sunday, November 06, 2005

THE OSCARS COMETH

I just wrote a huge review on all these movies and my words got erased by a computer crash. Instead I will now offer my abridged thoughts on each of these films...all of which I highly recommend.
zathura
Very much like JUMANJI...ZATHURA is a film about two brothers who unwillingly journey to space via a 1950's boardgame. Visually the film is really cool and the story is alot of fun. Definitely great for the whole family.
goodnightandgoodluck04
GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK is beautiful. I may be developing a man crush for George Clooney. I loved his first outing as a director (CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND) and this film, although very different, definetly proves he knows what he is doing behind the camera. The genius about this film is you don't have to know anything about the COLD WAR or MCCARTHISM or EDWARD BURROWS. Clooney clues you in on everything in a very relaxed fashion. You get a real sense of what it must have been like to live in those paranoid times but there is plenty of opportunity to laugh and enjoy great acting.
jarhead_240_001jarhead_240_001
jarhead_240_001jarhead_240_001
JARHEAD...WELCOME TO THE SUCK. Best tag line ever. This movie was stunning in every way. Surprisingly I found myself and the rest of the audience mostly laughing at the frustrations of modern soldiers in modern warfare. It definitely was not the movie I thought I was going to see. It was not political...it offered no pro or anti war sentiments... in fact halfway through one of the films main characters says "FUCK POLITICS..WE'RE HERE AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS". Fox and Gyllenhaal are perfect together and SAM MENDES (American Beauty) deserves another OSCAR. Go see this movie in the theatre...the way it is suppose to be seen. HOO-RAH!

6 Comments:

Blogger kerri said...

that's all great, but why are there 4 pictures of a marine with a santa hat?

9:14 AM  
Blogger wewilleatyou said...

it's a production still from GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK!

11:38 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

why are there 4?

1:43 PM  
Blogger MOL Junior said...

can't wait to see jar head.

p.s. will you eat me?

10:46 AM  
Blogger wewilleatyou said...

We will!!!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger The Baxter said...

dirty comments! where are the stills from "Where The Boys Aren't 4"?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home