Saturday, September 03, 2005

NO...I AM NOT IN A BAND

BELOW IS A RECREATION OF A CONVERSATION I HAD TODAY WITH A COMPLETE STRANGER. THIS HAPPENS TO ME AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH...

CONVERSATION 1...
A complete stranger approaches me.

Stranger- Excuse me. Are you in a band?
Me- What?
Stranger- Aren't you in a band?
Me- No...
Stranger- Are you sure? My brother told me you are in Good Charlotte?
Me- No... I'm sure.
Stranger- Really?
Me- Do you hear really really bad music coming from my mouth?
Stranger- No!
Me- Am I wearing eye make up?
Stranger- No!
Me- Then I am not in Good Charlette and I am not in a band.
Stranger- Oh! Are you sure because I thought with the tattoos and the ear rings?
Me- Yes I'm sure!
Stranger- Well uhh... what religion are you?
Me- Excuse me...
Stranger- What religion are you?
Me- (Silence to see what would happen next)
Stranger- Is Jesus your Savior?
Me- People still say that in church?
Stranger- What?
Me- Look I don't want to begin a theological discussion with a complete stranger...especially since I have to be somewhere in 5 minutes. In answer to your second question Yes and No!!
Stranger- Well if you are saved then I have nothing more to say to you.
Me- WHAT?
Stranger- Since you already know I don't have to worry about you?

I look up and I am not lying... a Catholic NUN was in Starbucks watching the whole conversation. She smiles at me and I politely say good-bye and leave. I get approached about being in a band at least once a month and it usually is followed by the JESUS question. I don't know which question is more annoying?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Baxter said...

great site.

7:29 PM  
Blogger wewilleatyou said...

I WANT TO MEET LEE MAJORS ALSO!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger j-lay said...

that is crazy funny. do you wear a lot of black too?

8:01 AM  
Blogger kerri said...

and with the raven black hair.. ya, i can see that.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home