Saturday, August 13, 2005

FOOLSBALL

For all intended purposes I look like this now
resinol
,but there once was a time that I looked like this
60058_1
Yes many of you know all to well I was once the ALL AMERICAN BOY until something went terribly right and I escaped BAPTIST (andor) FOOTBALL world to grow a functioning worldview and overwhelming feeling of freedom. Yes I escaped with very few scars, some close friends, and a horrible lower back problem from 8 years of hardnosed Texas football. Now do not get me wrong.... I was not involved in a very competitive league. If you could run straight, hold down your food, and scream YES SIR at ear piercing levels you were allowed on the team and treated like D list local celebrities for about 2 months. If you could hold onto the ball you were automatically put into the running back position and asked to do the impossible.
Coachandme
I was always a runningback and most of the plays involved a quarterback handing me the ball and me running for my life. Our team gave up on the whole "pass and catch" thing since most lacked any motor skills. I'm pretty sure my back problem came from my offensive line
47b3ce33b3127cce8fbf38014ade0000001610
giving up on the whole "blocking" thing since most of the opposing teams looked like this:
Linebacker
If I could do it over again I would just hang out with the band geeks, but instead I fell victim to pressure and played even though all I wanted to do was just sit down on the bench. The funny thing was some freshmen just wanted to play.
Carter
they would sit on the sidelines, laugh at our cheerleaders
Cheer
and wait
Carter3
I'm glad now my time can be waisted on films and blogs and not a unofficial cult known as TEXAS HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL. Ofcourse playing football has allowed me the opportunity of posting the same picture of Carter 3 times in a row.
carter2
I have to say this for old times sake... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS LET ME PLAY FOOTBALL!

2 Comments:

Blogger linz said...

haha I enjoyed this entry quite a bit, especially the picture of the cheerleaders.

5:01 PM  
Blogger MAA said...

yeah..i cant believe you let me play football..and you were supposed to me my mentor, my role model...bastard

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home