Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Boyle and Jeunet

directors
These two are well on there way to be my favorite directors of 2005. Although there movies both came out last year, they did not get an American release until relatively recently. There names are DANNY BOYLE (on the left) and JEAN-PIERRE JEUNET.
There movies MILLIONS and A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT
movies
were easily the most imaginative and poignant films of the year so far. A friend asked me to make a list of films that people should see, since I watch a movie a day, and I haven't gotten around to it yet, but if you find yourself on this blog do yourself a favor and rent A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT (which is also titled 'Un long dimanche de fian├žailles') and Jeunet's huge international hit AMELIE. ENGAGEMENT is set in WORLD WAR 1 like you have never seen.
MILLIONS is not out yet but keep an eye out. It is about a young boy who finds a million dollars ,which falls from the sky, and has to spend it before the UK switches over to the EURO. Instead he wants to give it to the poor. On top of that he is infatuated with SAINTS and is visited by them in his imagination. It's great when ST. PETER shows up and explains to him how Jesus really fed the 5,000.
Also rent TRAINSPOTTING and 28 DAYS LATER, both by BOYLE. I know most will pass on 28 Days because its a zombie movie but its really good and is more of a thriller than just a zombie movie. It is a zombie movie for people who don't like zombie movies.

4 Comments:

Blogger suburbanjesus said...

i'm so ready for a very long engagement. still waiting for my list of movies to see from my film school grad friend.

1:16 PM  
Blogger MAA said...

I really liked 28 Days Later..saw it a few weeks ago..but I liked Dawn of The Dead (the remake) better..
Wheres my movie bitch

8:49 PM  
Blogger suburbanjesus said...

you should check out themol's site and enter the CRASH conversation

11:00 AM  
Blogger suburbanjesus said...

fixed it

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home